Contract dates: 7th July- 2nd September
Working hours: 8:00pm-8:30am, working 5 days out of 7 each week (inclusive of weekends)
Assessment Centre: The first assessment centre will be on Saturday the 15th April 2023. Attendee times will be communicated with each shortlisted candidate nearer the time, however it is expected that this will be a full day. Only candidates who are shortlisted and able to attend the Assessment Centre in-person, will be considered for the next stages.
About the role
The Safeguarding & Pastoral Team (SPT) are responsible for all InvestIN’s residing and non-residing students during the summer programmes. The SPT is fully responsible for safeguarding, pastoral support, and student behaviour alongside student SEN, medical and emergency needs. During the day, the team will be made up of Pastoral Officers (PO) and Pastoral Co-Ordinators (PC) and will report directly to the Head of Safeguarding (HoS). Overnight, the team will report to the Night Parent (NP) who will act as the onsite Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead during the hours of 8:00pm-8:30am.
This is a demanding role and individuals will be expected to be confident leading a team, making advanced level safegaurding decisions, have excellent communication and organisation skills and have an extensive background working with children and young people in a DDSL or DSL capacity.
Expected Responsibilities & Duties
- Act as the first point of contact for all students, providing support, intervention and advice relating to health, safety and wellbeing.
- Act as the on-site Point of Contact (PoC) for Pastoral Officers (PO) & Pastoral Co-Ordinators (PC) for all concerns that may occur.
- Manage and lead student behaviour and expectations, particularly around evening registration and curfew.
- Complete dorm and security walks, removing contraband and issuing warnings to students where applicable.
- Continually risk assess the safety of the facilities and communicating any hazards or risks to the University of London team.
- Monitor the emergency telephone & inbox, managing the communication between InvestIN & parents regarding student’s behaviour, safety and wellbeing.
- Maintain up-to-date records on all InvestIN’s reporting platforms including CPOMS (Child Protection Online Monitoring System) and Eventtia (online event platform).
- Manage staff breaks.
- Support the Head of Safegaurding with staffing and changes to the rota (if and when required).
- Be flexible to carry out additional duties pending the needs of the service and students.
- Understand and act in accordance with InvestIN’s ethos, ethics and values (empowerment and ownership, action and urgency, ambition, imagination and integrity).
- Adhere to InvestIN’s safeguarding policy and staff/student Code of Conduct procedures and practices.
- Undertake mandatory safeguarding and child protection training (external – funded and internal – termly bitesize) including updates and other professional development activities to ensure that you remain compliant in meeting InvestIN’s duty of care in safeguarding practice. (KCSIE 2022)
You are somebody who has a deep passion for encouraging young people to fulfil their potential and feel their worth. You are enthusiastic, committed, and passionate about young people’s health, wellbeing and safety and believe in strong fair and clear boundaries. You have a genuine interest and skill in safeguarding young people and understand and can connect to today’s young communities and the issues they may face.
You have, and can demonstrate, the following skills and interests:
- A deeply invested belief in InvestIN’s sense of purpose and our programmes and values
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Calm approach
- Pro-active and high energy
- Resilient and positive attitude
- Able to respond quickly and accurately in an emergency
- Innovative and solution-orientated
- Resonate with InvestIN’s cultural values
- Support inclusivity and diversity, being kind and supportive in your approach.
- Have a deep understanding of what constitutes a concern and have the ability to act appropriately to safeguard and protect.
- Respectfully challenge poor practices and escalate concerns appropriately.
- Commit to your work with InvestIN.
- Be reliable, punctual and an open communicator
- Be able to happily adjust to the changing needs of the Live Events industry within a safeguarding capacity.
- Attend ALL mandatory training once contracted to work with InvestIN.
To apply for this job email your details to Info@bambinoandbutler.com.