Safeguarding Officer required for a Fixed Term summer contract for 2023 !
InvestIN Education is a dynamic, educational start-up that provides inspirational career experience programmes for school students, across 20+ different industries. Founded in 2012, InvestIN’s mission is to bridge the gap between school and the workplace, in order to help students choose the right career and maximise their potential.
InvestIN creates the ‘ultimate career experience’ through a combination of interactive simulations, company visits, seminars, networking sessions and career coaching, led by highly accomplished industry professionals. We have had over 50,000 students walk through our doors, from 100+ countries and 4,000+ schools.
InvestIN are seeking to employ individuals to work as the onsite Safeguarding Team, commencing during the Summer Experience season of 2023.
Purpose: The Safeguarding Team covers a 24/7 service and is responsible for all InvestIN’s residing and non-residing students during the summer (July 6th-Sept 2nd). The SGT is fully responsible for safeguarding and welfare, mental health and SEN needs, pastoral support, and student behaviour.
Salary: £24,000 (pro-rated pending shifts worked). Enhanced night pay will be paid as overtime in September, for all night shifts completed.
Contract Types: Inline with student traffic, we are offering 3 contract types for this role. When applying, please indicate which contract(s) you would like to be considered for.
- Contract 1) July 6th- Sept 2nd – 8 weeks
- Contract 2) July 27th- Aug 27th – 4 weeks
- Contract 3) Aug 10th-Aug 24th -2 weeks
- Morning: 08:00am – 4:30pm
- Afternoon: 4:00pm – 11:30pm
- Waking Night: 11:00pm – 8:30am
All shifts include a paid 30 minute handover.
Basic Duties: The primary duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the Safeguarding Team (SGT).
- Act as the first point of contact providing support, intervention, and advice for all InvestIN’s attending students, relating to the above team purpose.
- Support and manage student behaviour and expectations.
- Liaise with parents/guardians when delegated by the Head of Safeguarding/Senior SGT.
- Manage breaches of the Code of Conduct.
- Liaise with the Head of Safeguarding/DSLs regarding student warnings and expected follow-up actions.
- Provide a baseline advisory service for staff in relation to the SGT purpose.
- Support and Lead on all areas of daily check-ins and registration.
- Communicate via designated online channels. .
- Escort students to venues.
- Be willing to escort students to the airport on departure from a programme, safely and in a taxi.
- Work across sites (locally and on excursions)
- Facilitate and supervise the younger groups when needed.
- Play an active role at mealtimes to enforce behaviour management.
- During shifts (if scheduled by the Head of Safeguarding), lead on specialism; SEN/Behaviour, Mental Health, and Medication administration.
- Deliver mentoring options or interventions to students in need.
- Devise, lead and support in evening activities, carrying out adequate supervision and interaction during this period.
- Maintain up-to-date records on CPOMS (Child Protection Online Monitoring System) and paper or online records according to best practice and maintain up-to-date information on the tracker systems
- Enforce student curfew and evening expectations.
- Complete security walks.
- Act in a professional and appropriate way, echoing InvestIN’s values.
- Be flexible to carry out additional duties pending the needs of the service and students.
- E = Essential / D = Desirable
- E- minimum of 2 years working with children and young people
- E – Level 1-2 in Safeguarding or equivalent
- E – Positive, calm and professional attitude
- E – Echo InvestIN’s values and conduct expectations
- E- Be flexible and willing to get stuck in
- E- Be organised and able to prioritise workloads
- E – Be confident in appropriately dealing with student behaviours and needs
- E – Ability to commit to one or more of the working wave patterns
- D – Level 3 trained in safeguarding
- D – Subject specialism in one or more of the SGT purpose points
- D – Professional qualification in one of the areas of purpose
- D – Experience of working with residential or boarding students
- D – experience in supporting international students
- D – Experience of working in a summer camp environment or equivalent
Interview and assessment dates are to be confirmed, and will be held during school holidays and weekends across December and January.
If you feel inspired by our work and wish to be become a part of the InvestIN Summer Team, please apply today!
To apply for this job email your details to Info@bambinoandbutler.com.